By Holly Smothers, Certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner
One of the great things about thumbprint cookies is that you can create a spread of flavors in just one batch. You can switch up the flavor extracts within the cookie dough, and/or you can use various jams on top of different cookies! And if you are feeling really creative, you could even combine two jams on one cookie.
A great flavor combination for the summer months is lemon and blueberry! This is created by using lemon oil in the cookie dough, and topping each cookie with blueberry jam.
The cookies are free from gluten, dairy, soy, and corn. But don’t you worry, they are still full of flavor!
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 TBS almond extract
- 3/4 tsp lemon oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Blueberry jam
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees
- Whisk the eggs, and mix with flavor extracts/oil, coconut oil, and salt in a medium bowl
- Gradually add-in coconut sugar, almond flour, and baking soda
- Create cookie dough balls by hand or using a small cookie scoop
- Place the balls on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) ~1 inch apart from one another
- Gently indent each ball with your thumb (I pushed deeper to make the thumbprint hole deeper, instead of wider)
- Scoop ~1 tsp of jam into each hole/thumbprint
- Bake for 10 - 14 minutes
- Remove from oven and let sit for ~2 minutes before moving the cookies to a cooling rack
Get more recipes & health tips from Holly: www.holistichealthbyholly.co