Judy Hensley, Physical Therapist
- P.T., University of Kansas, 1978
- M.T.C. University of St. Augustine, 1994
- M.H.S., University of Indianapolis, 1995
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist Board Certification, 1996
- D.P.T., Rocky Mountain University of Health Professionals, 2005
Judy has never stopped learning and growing as a physical therapist—and she diligently passes her knowledge on to other therapists.
Besides earning university degrees, Judy attends many continuing education courses each year and has learned from some of the best clinicians in our field, continuing to integrate different ideas and approaches. She is a certified manual therapist from the University of St. Augustine and was the first Orthopedic Clinical Specialist certified by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties in Kansas City.
Judy trains every therapist that joins Elite, and from her, we've developed our clinic's philosophy, honed our manual therapy techniques, and absorbed her enthusiasm and love for therapy.
She shares her excitement well beyond the walls of our clinic. She has taught at Rockhurst University, Penn Valley Community College, and the University of Kansas and leads continuing education classes throughout the Kansas City region.
Judy exemplifies what we mean by a hands-on approach here at Elite: from our discipline in manual therapy, our dedication to each and every client, and our shared desire to build Elite to be the best physical therapy clinic in Kansas City.
Judy specializes in the treatment of:
- orthopedic dysfunction, evaluation and treatment
- complex pain dysfunctions
- advanced manual therapy techniques
- postural assessment and training
- biomechanical assessment and treatment
- muscle balance assessment and treatment
- specific exercise instruction
- functional training