Biagio Mazza, Owner and Physical Therapist
- B.S., Rockhurst University, Valedictorian, 1999
- M.P.T., Rockhurst University, 2001
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, NSCA, 2001
- Certified Personal Trainer, NSCA, 2002
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist Board Certified, ABPTS, 2005
- Sport Clinical Specialist Board Certified, ABPTS, 2008
- Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist, IAOM, 2009
- DPT, EIM Institute of Health, 2010
Biagio clocks more than 150 hours a year in continuing education, well beyond the state’s standards for physical therapy. Why? It’s his business and his passion. And it says a lot about the kind of clinic he runs and the quality of staff he leads.
Biagio himself is certified by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist and a Sports Clinical Specialist. There are fewer than 50 therapists nationwide who hold both of these distinctions. He also has worked as an adjunct instructor at Rockhurst, is an active member of the Kansas and Missouri Physical Therapy Associations, and has served as a physical therapy consultant for the Kansas City Royals. Biagio is a strong advocate for the Private Practice Section of the American Physical Therapy Association.
From the beginning, Biagio knew he wanted to combine sports with science. When he met Judy Hensley, his teacher and mentor, he knew he wanted to shift his interests to physical therapy and helping a wide range of people improve their quality of—and movement through—life.
And he’s made a mark. Elite enjoys a reputation for quality care.
Biagio specializes in:
- manual therapy
- postural training
- functional exercise
- complex spinal pathology